Mexican Corn Dip
For tasty make-ahead dip try this recipe. It goes fast at office parties or any gathering. Mildly spicy, it's easy to alter if you want it to have more of a kick. Make sure your corn chips are large enough to scoop up a hearty helping.
8-10 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 can (11 ounces) yellow and white whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 can (11 ounces) Mexicorn, drained
- 4 ounces pepper Jack cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1/8 teaspoon sugar
- Additional chopped green onions, optional
- Tortilla or corn chips
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. In a small
- bowl, combine the mayonnaise, sour cream and sugar; stir into corn
- mixture. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Sprinkle with additional
- green onions. Serve with chips. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1/4 cup) equals 330 calories, 26 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 54 mg cholesterol, 605 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 10 g protein.
Wine: Sweet Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.