- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 can (11 ounces) yellow and white whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 can (11 ounces) Mexicorn, drained
- 4 ounces pepper Jack cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1/8 teaspoon sugar
- Additional chopped green onions, optional
- Tortilla or corn chips
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, sour cream and sugar; stir into corn mixture. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Sprinkle with additional green onions. Serve with chips. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Mexican Corn Dip
"My family loves this dip. I usually use frozen corn instead of the canned. I also add 1-2 tsp of cumin and 1 tsp of garlic salt. Refrigerating overnight makes a big difference in flavor. It's also good when heated, but we like it best when cold. It makes alot! I often cut it in half if it's not for a party."
"A word to the wise: If you like Miracle Whip (and I do), I would NOT recommend using it in place of the mayonnaise in this recipe. The flavor of M-whip will overpower the wonderful flavors of this dip (yes, even over the Jalapenos!). A friend made this recipe for Christmas with regular mayo; it was so wonderful I had to make it for my own get-together. I just made it now with M-Whip (because that's what I had in the house, and what I only ever buy). I typically don't use plain mayo in anything, but in this case, I WILL make the exception in the future. The recipe is not completely ruined, but my friend's was MUCH better with plain mayo, and I'm disappointed that mine for New Year's won't be as good because of the MWhip. Let's just hope she brings it to share, and I won't have to bring mine out at all :)Edit to Add: All is not lost! Irishguy recommended heating it up, so I tossed a spoonful of it in the nuker for 30 seconds, and WAH-LAH! What an amazing difference! The MWhip is barely detectable, and I will be serving this heated instead of chilled. THANK YOU, IRISHGUY!"
"Very tasty! I misread the recipe and used 1 can each of yellow and white corn as well as the Mexicorn. Subbed low fat ingredients for the full fat ones with no discernible difference and did not use pepper Jack cheese or jalapeño as there were young children at the function."
"I agree with irishguy, this recipe needs to be served warm! YUM! I put a small amount in the microwave and it was awesome. A lot better than serving cold. Try it!"
"Love this dip =)"