Mexican Corn Casserole Recipe
More Mexican Side Dishes
- 4 eggs
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 can (14-3/4 ounces) cream-style corn
- 1-1/2 cups cornmeal
- 1-1/4 cups buttermilk
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 2 cans (4 ounces each) chopped green chilies
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 cups (12 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- Jalapeno pepper and sweet red pepper rings, optional
- 1. Beat eggs in a large bowl; add the next eight ingredients and mix well. Stir in 2 cups cheese. Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 1 hour. Top with remaining cheese. Let stand for 15 minutes before serving. Garnish with peppers if desired. Yield: 12-15 servings.
1 cup: 316 calories, 21g fat (13g saturated fat), 114mg cholesterol, 570mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 10g protein .
Reviews for Mexican Corn Casserole
"This became a family favorite after I made it the first time when it was first published years ago. I take it to just about every get together because it travels so well. Tonight I am making it for my family, just because!"
"I would make this again if I needed a cornbread side dish. I was hoping it would be more like a pudding or at least a spoon bread. It worked out ok."