Mexican Corn Bread Recipe
I work at an elementary school, and a couple times a year we have a gathering where everyone brings a favorite dish to pass. A friend shared this delicious corn bread and it was a big hit. -Sandy Gaulitz, Spring, Texas
- 2 packages (8-1/2 ounces each) corn bread/muffin mix
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 can (14-3/4 ounces) cream-style corn
- 1-1/2 cups (12 ounces) sour cream
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped jalapeno pepper
- 1. In a large bowl, combine corn bread mix and onion. Combine the remaining ingredients; add to the corn bread mixture just until moistened. Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
- 2. Bake at 350° for 50-55 minutes or until lightly browned and the edges pull away from sides of pan and a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Serve warm. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 18-24 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 159 calories, 10 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 58 mg cholesterol, 229 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.
Reviews for Mexican Corn Bread
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC