Mexican Corn Bread
I work at an elementary school, and a couple times a year we have a gathering where everyone brings a favorite dish to pass. A friend shared this delicious corn bread and it was a big hit.
-Sandy Gaulitz, Spring, Texas
18-24 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 50 min.
- 2 packages (8-1/2 ounces each) corn bread/muffin mix
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 can (14-3/4 ounces) cream-style corn
- 1-1/2 cups (12 ounces) sour cream
- 4 Eggland's Best Eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped jalapeno pepper
- In a large bowl, combine corn bread mix and onion. Combine the
- remaining ingredients; add to the corn bread mixture just until
- moistened. Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
- Bake at 350° for 50-55 minutes or until lightly browned and the
- edges pull away from sides of pan and a toothpick inserted near the
- center comes out clean. Serve warm. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield:
- 18-24 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 159 calories, 10 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 58 mg cholesterol, 229 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.