- 2 packages (8-1/2 ounces each) corn bread/muffin mix
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 can (14-3/4 ounces) cream-style corn
- 1-1/2 cups (12 ounces) sour cream
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped jalapeno pepper
- In a large bowl, combine corn bread mix and onion. Combine the remaining ingredients; add to the corn bread mixture just until moistened. Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
- Bake at 350° for 50-55 minutes or until lightly browned and the edges pull away from sides of pan and a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Serve warm. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 18-24 servings.
Reviews for Mexican Corn Bread
Sort By :
"I took this to a Chili Cook-off last night as a side. Everybody loved it. I made as posted and it was very moist & had lots of flavor. Even people that do not eat cornbread loved this one. Thanks for sharing."
"I served this recipe for company and my 89 year old parents, everyone loved it! Everyone wanted the recipe, a definite keeper!"
"I have not made this as yet, can't seem to find Cornbread mix in Canada. Do you know where I can get it?"
"If you want a mexican corn bread, this is the best! I use Krusteaz honey cornbread mix - it's the best!"
"I have taken this to many church dinners and have always been asked to give the recipe to someone. My husband loves this!"