- 2 packages (8-1/2 ounces each) corn bread/muffin mix
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 can (14-3/4 ounces) cream-style corn
- 1-1/2 cups (12 ounces) sour cream
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped jalapeno pepper
- In a large bowl, combine corn bread mix and onion. Combine the remaining ingredients; add to the corn bread mixture just until moistened. Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
- Bake at 350° for 50-55 minutes or until lightly browned and the edges pull away from sides of pan and a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Serve warm. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 18-24 servings.
Reviews for Mexican Corn Bread
Sort By :
I served this recipe for company and my 89 year old parents, everyone loved it! Everyone wanted the recipe, a definite keeper!
I have not made this as yet, can't seem to find Cornbread mix in Canada. Do you know where I can get it?
If you want a mexican corn bread, this is the best! I use Krusteaz honey cornbread mix - it's the best!