Add a sweet treat to meal of tacos, enchiladas or fajitas with these easy-to-make dessert.—Kathy Ybarra, Rock Springs, Wyoming
- 4 flour tortillas (6 inches)
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 teaspoon shortening
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Cut each tortilla into eight wedges; place on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 400° for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Meanwhile, in a microwave, melt chocolate chips and shortening. Stir until smooth; keep warm.
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine confectioners' sugar and cinnamon. Add tortilla wedges a few at a time; shake to coat. Place on waxed paper-lined baking sheets. Drizzle with melted chocolate. Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 32 cookies.
Originally published as Mexican Cookies in Quick Cooking November/December 1998, p20
Reviews for Mexican Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review