- 4 flour tortillas (6 inches)
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 teaspoon shortening
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Cut each tortilla into eight wedges; place on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 400° for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Meanwhile, in a microwave, melt chocolate chips and shortening. Stir until smooth; keep warm.
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine confectioners' sugar and cinnamon. Add tortilla wedges a few at a time; shake to coat. Place on waxed paper-lined baking sheets. Drizzle with melted chocolate. Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 32 cookies.
Reviews for Mexican Cookies(9)
Sort By :
These were good and I didn't have any trouble with the powdered sugar or chocolate sticking to the tortilla but maybe next time I will follow the suggestion of lightly spraying the wedge before putting in the bag of sugar and cinnamon. Very easy to make and I'm sure these will be added to my Christmas Bake Day!
These tasted so good! Definitely give them a heavy coating of the butter flavored spray; and get your chocolate thin & runnier than perhaps usual and it will stick better. Also putting them somewhere to cool right after drizzling the chocolate will help make the chocolate stick even better to the powdered sugar.
I made these cookies for my son's Spanish class on Cinco de Mayo. The kids and teachers loved them. They all want the recipe. I followed the suggestion of spraying the tortilla wedges with butter spray. The powdered sugar clung perfectly to the tortillas.
Made these for Cinco de Mayo. They tasted good but the chocolate would not stick to the powdered sugar. How did Taste of Home get their chocolate to stick?
Made these last night for today (Cinco de Mayo) - I took advice from other bakers to spray with butter - worked good! Will make them again and again! Maybe for Cinco de June !! :)
More Recipe Collections
- Chocolate Chip Recipes >
- Chocolate Cookie Recipes >
- Chocolate Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Desserts >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Cookie Recipes >