Mexican Cocoa Recipe
The entire family will enjoy this festive drink,” writes Patricia Nieh of Portola Valley, California. Cinnamon sticks give it a great flavor that kids will love.
- 4 cups fat-free milk
- 3 cinnamon sticks (3 inches)
- 5 ounces 53% cacao dark baking chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Additional cinnamon sticks, optional
- 1. In a large saucepan, heat milk and cinnamon sticks over medium heat until bubbles form around sides of pan. Discard cinnamon. Whisk in chocolate until smooth.
- 2. Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla. Serve in mugs with additional cinnamon sticks if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
3/4 cup: 177 calories, 9g fat (5g saturated fat), 3mg cholesterol, 85mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (18g sugars, 2g fiber), 7g protein.
Reviews for Mexican Cocoa
Reviewed Sep. 21, 2013
"Awesome Awesome Awesome Awesome Awesome"
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC