Mexican Cocoa Recipe
The entire family will enjoy this festive drink,” writes Patricia Nieh of Portola Valley, California. Cinnamon sticks give it a great flavor that kids will love.
- 4 cups fat-free milk
- 3 cinnamon sticks (3 inches)
- 5 ounces 53% cacao dark baking chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Additional cinnamon sticks, optional
- 1. In a large saucepan, heat milk and cinnamon sticks over medium heat until bubbles form around sides of pan. Discard cinnamon. Whisk in chocolate until smooth.
- 2. Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla. Serve in mugs with additional cinnamon sticks if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
3/4 cup: 177 calories, 9g fat (5g saturated fat), 3mg cholesterol, 85mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (18g sugars, 2g fiber), 7g protein .
Reviews for Mexican Cocoa
Reviewed Sep. 21, 2013
"Awesome Awesome Awesome Awesome Awesome"
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC