- 4 cups fat-free milk
- 3 cinnamon sticks (3 inches)
- 5 ounces 53% cacao dark baking chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Additional cinnamon sticks, optional
- In a large saucepan, heat milk and cinnamon sticks over medium heat until bubbles form around sides of pan. Discard cinnamon. Whisk in chocolate until smooth.
- Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla. Serve in mugs with additional cinnamon sticks if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Mexican Hot Chocolate in Light & Tasty February/March 2008, p54
Reviews for Mexican Cocoa
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Sep. 21, 2013
"Awesome Awesome Awesome Awesome Awesome"