Mexican Christmas Eve Salad Recipe
- 1 can (20 ounces) unsweetened pineapple chunks, drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) sliced beets, drained
- 2 medium navel oranges, peeled and sectioned
- 1 large apple, sliced
- 1 medium banana, sliced
- 1 medium jicama, peeled and julienned
- 2 to 3 cups torn romaine
- 1/2 cup dry roasted peanuts
- 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1 medium lime, cut into wedges
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup red or white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- Dash salt
- 1. On a large platter, arrange the pineapple, beets, oranges, apple, banana and jicama over romaine. Sprinkle with peanuts and pomegranate seeds. Garnish with lime.
- 2. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the dressing ingredients; shake well. Drizzle over salad. Serve immediately. Yield: 8-10 servings.
1 each: 256 calories, 15g fat (2g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 160mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (21g sugars, 7g fiber), 3g protein
Reviews for Mexican Christmas Eve Salad
"I really like how beautifully this presents. I have found several recipes for Christmas Eve salad, and all are gorgeous to look at and have an unusual combination of flavors. I have not decided yet which version I like best. I will be taking this to a Mexican theme holiday party. It isn't just beautiful but delicious and healthy as well."