I traditionally prepare this on Christmas Eve to share at a posada party (Mexican Christmas celebration). The unique combination of ingredients makes this salad interesting, yet tasty.
- 1 can (20 ounces) unsweetened pineapple chunks, drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) sliced beets, drained
- 2 medium navel oranges, peeled and sectioned
- 1 large apple, sliced
- 1 medium banana, sliced
- 1 medium jicama, peeled and julienned
- 2 to 3 cups torn romaine
- 1/2 cup dry roasted peanuts
- 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1 medium lime, cut into wedges
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup red or white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- Dash salt
- On a large platter, arrange the pineapple, beets, oranges, apple, banana and jicama over romaine. Sprinkle with peanuts and pomegranate seeds. Garnish with lime.
- In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the dressing ingredients; shake well. Drizzle over salad. Serve immediately. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Originally published as Mexican Christmas Eve Salad in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2007, p62
Reviews for Mexican Christmas Eve Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review