Mexican Chocolate Crinkles Recipe
I love to bake...in fact, my first try at baking "from scratch" is still vivid in my memory. I make a cake for Mom for Mother's Day—and forgot to put in the baking powder! This recipe brings back memories, too—when our two girls were young they often took these cookies to their Scout outings.
- 3/4 cup shortening
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 1 ounce unsweetened chocolate, melted
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Additional sugar
- 1. In a large bowl, cream shortening and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the egg, corn syrup and melted chocolate. Combine the flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- 2. Roll into walnut-sized balls and roll in sugar; place 3 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes (cookies should by soft). Cool 2-3 minutes before removing to wire racks. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
1 each: 112 calories, 6g fat (2g saturated fat), 7mg cholesterol, 109mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (8g sugars, trace fiber), 1g protein
Reviews for Mexican Chocolate Crinkles
Reviewed Oct. 9, 2013
"Love this recipe!"
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC