Mexican Chocolate Crinkles Recipe
I love to bake...in fact, my first try at baking "from scratch" is still vivid in my memory. I make a cake for Mom for Mother's Dayand forgot to put in the baking powder! This recipe brings back memories, toowhen our two girls were young they often took these cookies to their Scout outings.
- 3/4 cup shortening
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 1 ounce unsweetened chocolate, melted
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Additional sugar
- In a large bowl, cream shortening and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the egg, corn syrup and melted chocolate. Combine the flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- Roll into walnut-sized balls and roll in sugar; place 3 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes (cookies should by soft). Cool 2-3 minutes before removing to wire racks. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Mexican Chocolate Crinkles in Sweet and Scrumptious Chocolate 1994, p33
Reviews for Mexican Chocolate Crinkles(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
More Recipe Collections
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Chocolate Cookie Recipes >
- Chocolate Dessert Recipes >
- Chocolate Desserts >
- Chocolate Recipes >