Mexican Chip Casserole Recipe
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 can (11 ounces) Mexicorn
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1 package (10-1/2 ounces) corn chips
- 1 can (10 ounces) enchilada sauce
- 1 to 2 cups (4 to 8 ounces) shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese
- In a skillet, cook beef, onion and garlic over medium heat until meat is no longer pink and onion is tender; drain. Add soup, corn and chilies; mix well.
- In an ungreased shallow 3-qt. baking dish, layer meat mixture, chips and sauce; top with cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Mexican Chip Casserole(17)
Sort By :
It was pretty good - however for Jimmy I had to add a can of refried beans? In that case I might add another can of enchilada sauce. Sometime I would like make it just the way the recipe said to!
Was served a similar dish at a repast asked for the recipe couldn't get it. So I put the ingredients in the search box and "bingo" I came up with a winner...my husband has cancer and he didn't have any problem keeping it down! It will most definitely be a mainstay in our house.
I read the reviews stating the chips ended up soggy so I didn't layer the ingredients as the directions say. I just combined everything and sprinkled the cheese on top and then crushed tortilla chips. The taste was GREAT but the texture not so much. I think I'll try this recipe again but use the meat mixture in flour tortillas, then pour on the enchilada sauce, cheese, and crushed tortillas.
I used mild enchilada sauce and 6 oz of cheese. It was still too spicy for all my guests. You could cook less time to have the chips crispy but the sauce wouldn't be warm, or cook longer and have warm sauce but soft chips.
I used tortilla chips and I was hoping that the chips would stay a little more crunchy. Maybe if the layers were spread out into a 9 x 13 it would have been more to my liking. I added a can of black beans to the meat mixture. The enchilada sauce gave it a nice kick.
More Recipe Collections
- Beef Casserole Recipes >
- Beef Casseroles >
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Budget Ground Beef Recipes >
- Casseroles >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Dinners >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Corn Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Casserole Recipes >
- Ground Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Recipes >
- Hamburger Casserole >
- Mexican Casserole Recipes >
- Mexican Casseroles >