This satisfying casserole relies on convenient packaged ingredients to create an entree with savory Southwestern flair. There's nothing tricky about the preparation, and I have time to set the table while it's in the oven. —Doris Heath Franklin, North Carolina
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 can (11 ounces) Mexicorn
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1 package (10-1/2 ounces) corn chips
- 1 can (10 ounces) enchilada sauce
- 1 to 2 cups (4 to 8 ounces) shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese
- In a skillet, cook beef, onion and garlic over medium heat until meat is no longer pink and onion is tender; drain. Add soup, corn and chilies; mix well.
- In an ungreased shallow 3-qt. baking dish, layer meat mixture, chips and sauce; top with cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Mexican Chip Casserole in Quick Cooking July/August 1998, p29
Reviews for Mexican Chip Casserole
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review