Mexican Chip Casserole Recipe
- 1 pound ground turkey or beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 can (11 ounces) Mexicorn
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1 package (10-1/2 ounces) corn chips
- 1 can (10 ounces) enchilada sauce
- 1 to 2 cups (4 to 8 ounces) shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese
- In a skillet, cook beef, onion and garlic over medium heat until meat is no longer pink and onion is tender; drain. Add soup, corn and chilies; mix well.
- In an ungreased shallow 3-qt. baking dish, layer meat mixture, chips and sauce; top with cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Mexican Chip Casserole
Sort By :
My family loved this when I made it one night for supper! I added mushrooms to the meat and we topped it with sour cream, black olives and salsa! It was great!
My youngest son requested this while home for the holidays. I followed the recipe except for omitting the onions. Most everyone had a second helping.
It was pretty good - however for Jimmy I had to add a can of refried beans? In that case I might add another can of enchilada sauce. Sometime I would like make it just the way the recipe said to!
Was served a similar dish at a repast asked for the recipe couldn't get it. So I put the ingredients in the search box and "bingo" I came up with a winner...my husband has cancer and he didn't have any problem keeping it down! It will most definitely be a mainstay in our house.
I read the reviews stating the chips ended up soggy so I didn't layer the ingredients as the directions say. I just combined everything and sprinkled the cheese on top and then crushed tortilla chips. The taste was GREAT but the texture not so much. I think I'll try this recipe again but use the meat mixture in flour tortillas, then pour on the enchilada sauce, cheese, and crushed tortillas.