Mexican Chip Casserole
This satisfying casserole relies on convenient packaged ingredients to create an entree with savory Southwestern flair. There's nothing tricky about the preparation, and I have time to set the table while it's in the oven.
Franklin, North Carolina
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 pound ground turkey or beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 can (11 ounces) Mexicorn
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1 package (10-1/2 ounces) corn chips
- 1 can (10 ounces) enchilada sauce
- 1 to 2 cups (4 to 8 ounces) shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese
- In a skillet, cook beef, onion and garlic over medium heat until meat
- is no longer pink and onion is tender; drain. Add soup, corn and
- chilies; mix well.
- In an ungreased shallow 3-qt. baking dish, layer meat mixture, chips
- and sauce; top with cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 8-10
- minutes or until heated through. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 613 calories, 36 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 69 mg cholesterol, 1,168 mg sodium, 47 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 26 g protein.