Mexican Chicken Recipe
- 4 large boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, drained
- 2 ounces Monterey Jack cheese, cut into 4 strips
- 1/4 cup fine dry bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 3-1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cumin
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1 cup picante sauce
- 1. Flatten chicken to 1/4-in. thickness. Place about 2 tablespoons chilies and one strip of Monterey Jack cheese on long end of each chicken breast. Fold in sides and ends; secure with a toothpick.
- 2. In a shallow bowl, combine the crumbs, Parmesan cheese, chili powder, salt and cumin. Dip chicken in 3 tablespoons butter, then roll in crumb mixture. Place chicken rolls seam side down in an ungreased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. Drizzle with remaining butter. Cover and refrigerate at least 4 hours. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until chicken is tender.
- 3. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine the cornstarch, bouillon and water until smooth; stir in picante sauce. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir for 1 minute or until slightly thickened. Remove toothpicks from chicken and serve with sauce. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 374 calories, 21 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 121 mg cholesterol, 1,012 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 32 g protein.
Reviews for Mexican Chicken
"Awsome, fun,the kid s loved it as did Ma & Pa. We'll use it again often."
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.