Mexican Chicken Wings Recipe
- 12 whole chicken wings (about 2-1/2 pounds)
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup cornmeal
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- JALAPENO CILANTRO DIP:
- 2-1/2 cups (20 ounces) sour cream
- 3 cups fresh cilantro leaves
- 6 green onions, cut into 3-inch pieces
- 4 jalapeno peppers, seeded
- 3 teaspoons salt
- 1. Cut chicken wings into three sections; discard wing tip section. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the flour, cornmeal, cumin, salt, pepper and cayenne. Add the chicken wings, a few at a time.
- 2. Seal bag and shake to coat.
- 3. Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 25-27 minutes on each side or until juices run clear and coating is set.
- 4. Meanwhile, in a blender, combine the dip ingredients; cover and process until blended. Refrigerate until serving. Serve with wings. Yield: 2 dozen (3-2/3 cups dip).
1 serving (3 each) equals 360 calories, 24 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 96 mg cholesterol, 1,416 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 19 g protein.
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer