Mexican Chicken Wings Recipe
I make these spicy appetizers for parties and football games and never have any leftovers. The hot wings contrast nicely with the cool but zippy dip. When the wings run out, we use the extra cilantro dip on tortilla chips. -Barbara McConaughey, Houlton, Wisconsin
- 12 whole chicken wings (about 2-1/2 pounds)
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup cornmeal
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- JALAPENO CILANTRO DIP:
- 2-1/2 cups (20 ounces) sour cream
- 3 cups fresh cilantro leaves
- 6 green onions, cut into 3-inch pieces
- 4 jalapeno peppers, seeded
- 3 teaspoons salt
- Cut chicken wings into three sections; discard wing tip section. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the flour, cornmeal, cumin, salt, pepper and cayenne. Add the chicken wings, a few at a time.
- Seal bag and shake to coat.
- Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 25-27 minutes on each side or until juices run clear and coating is set.
- Meanwhile, in a blender, combine the dip ingredients; cover and process until blended. Refrigerate until serving. Serve with wings. Yield: 2 dozen (3-2/3 cups dip).
Originally published as Mexican Chicken Wings in Taste of Home October/November 2003, p29
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Mexican Chicken Wings
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jun. 4, 2012
"Easy to make & delicious :)"