- 12 whole chicken wings (about 2-1/2 pounds)
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup cornmeal
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- JALAPENO CILANTRO DIP:
- 2-1/2 cups (20 ounces) sour cream
- 3 cups fresh cilantro leaves
- 6 green onions, cut into 3-inch pieces
- 4 jalapeno peppers, seeded
- 3 teaspoons salt
- Cut chicken wings into three sections; discard wing tip section. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the flour, cornmeal, cumin, salt, pepper and cayenne. Add the chicken wings, a few at a time. Seal bag and shake to coat.
- Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking pan. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 25-27 minutes on each side or until juices run clear and coating is set.
- Meanwhile, in a blender, combine the dip ingredients; cover and process until blended. Refrigerate until serving. Serve with wings. Yield: 2 dozen (3-2/3 cups dip).
Originally published as Mexican Chicken Wings in Taste of Home October/November 2003, p29
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Mexican Chicken Wings
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jun. 4, 2012
"Easy to make & delicious :)"