- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of potato soup, undiluted
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 2 cups 2% milk
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 can (11 ounces) Mexicorn, drained
- 1 package (9 ounces) ready-to-serve roasted chicken breast strips, chopped
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 3 flour tortillas (8 inches), cut into 2-inch x 1/2-inch strips
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- Additional shredded cheddar cheese, optional
- In a large saucepan, combine the soups, milk and broth. Heat through, stirring frequently. Add the corn, chicken and chilies; bring to a boil. Stir in tortilla strips. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes. Stir in cheese until melted. Sprinkle each serving with additional cheese if desired. Yield: 10 servings (2-1/2 quarts).
Reviews for Mexican Chicken Tortilla Chowder(32)
Sort By :
Good but added spices like garlic chili powder cumin and fresh chopped onion then added regular corn and black beans and used tortilla chips when serving it. I used roasted chicken and Also i omitted can chilies and used 1/2 c pepper jack cheese and 1/2 c velveeta.
Very easy, very good and will make it again! It was a cold snowy night here so it was perfect to warm us up. The only changes I made were adding black beans instead of mexi-corn since, believe it or not, the family doesn't care for the corn. I also used corn tortillas instead of flour tortillas because that is all I had. I didn't have the ready-to-serve chicken strips so I just baked a large chicken breast and cut it in strips . . . worked just fine. This will be one of our favorites! Thanks for sharing this recipe.
Very easy and very good! Made just as directed . :-)
OK, OK, so I know this soup is outrageoously high in sodium content. That said, it was delicious! It was fast, easy and tasty. I used cooked chicken that I had on hand and followed the recipe without any variations. My husband liked it so much that he swiped my new Taste of Home soup cookbook that I haven't even had a chance to read through yet and tucked it into his lunch bag so that he could take the recipe to work tomorrow and copy it for his staff. You might try using the reduced sodium soups if sodium content is a concern.
It was ok.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Chicken Breast Recipes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Chicken Soup >
- Chicken Tortilla Soup >
- Chowder Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Corn Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Soup Recipes >
- Mexican Recipes >
- Mexican Soup >
- Mexican Soups >