Mexican Chicken Tortilla Chowder
A restaurant-style soup starting with a can? It's possible with this creamy, comforting soup.
Dana Rood, Oreana, IL
10 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of potato soup, undiluted
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 2 cups 2% milk
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 can (11 ounces) Mexicorn, drained
- 1 package (9 ounces) ready-to-serve roasted chicken breast strips, chopped
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 3 flour tortillas (8 inches), cut into 2-inch x 1/2-inch strips
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- Additional shredded cheddar cheese, optional
- In a large saucepan, combine the soups, milk and broth. Heat through,
- stirring frequently. Add the corn, chicken and chilies; bring to a
- boil. Stir in tortilla strips. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5
- minutes. Stir in cheese until melted. Sprinkle each serving with
- additional cheese if desired. Yield: 10 servings (2-1/2 quarts).
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup (calculated without additional cheese) equals 280 calories, 11 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 42 mg cholesterol, 1,569 mg sodium,