Mexican Chicken Soup Recipe
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 envelope reduced-sodium taco seasoning
- 1 can (32 ounces) V8 juice
- 1 jar (16 ounces) salsa
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen corn, thawed
- 6 tablespoons reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 6 tablespoons reduced-fat sour cream
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- In a large nonstick skillet, saute chicken in oil until no longer pink. Add water and taco seasoning; simmer, uncovered, until chicken is well coated.
- Transfer to a 5-qt. slow cooker. Stir in the V8 juice, salsa, beans and corn. Cover and cook on low for 3-4 hours or until heated through. Serve with cheese, sour cream and cilantro. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Mexican Chicken Soup(40)
Sort By :
This soup has been made twice and my husband raves about it. I am not a soup lover in general but this one is outstanding. Low sodium beans and veggie juice are used and some cut up red peppers are added as well. Will bring some portions to my grown children this evening.
I used items that I had in my pantry and this is a keeper! I used chicken thighs, organic black bean and corn salsa, chicken broth (low sodium) and a can Mexican stewed tomato's low sodium, and 1 12 oz can of V8. I used all other recipe ingredients I cooked it on the stove at low temp. Before serving I used some crushed tortilla chips in bottom of bowl then added the soup. Used Mexican shredded cheese and sliced avocado on top. Hubby said it was a keeper and gave it a gold star. Very rare for him to say anything except 'It's ok" ! :) Going to make this for the grandkids!
Found this recipe sorely lacking any particular taste. Added oregano and cumin...but very disappointed. Won't prepare again.
This is outstanding! I used rotisserie chicken breast, D.L. Jardine's Ole' Chipotle Salsa, and the homemade taco seasoning mentioned in a past comment. Wonderful flavor and spicy due to the choice of salsa.
Very quick, easy, and delicious recipe. We didn't obsess about the salt and fat, but most around our table found they preferred it without much (or any) grated cheese.
More Recipe Collections
- Bisque Soup Recipes >
- Boneless Chicken Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Chicken Breast Recipes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Chicken Slow Cooker Recipes >
- Chicken Soup >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Corn Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Diabetic Soup Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Soup Recipes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Healthy Soup Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Soup Recipes >
- Mexican Recipes >
- Mexican Soup >