Mexican Chicken Soup Recipe
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 envelope reduced-sodium taco seasoning
- 1 can (32 ounces) V8 juice
- 1 jar (16 ounces) salsa
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen corn, thawed
- 6 tablespoons reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 6 tablespoons reduced-fat sour cream
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- In a large nonstick skillet, saute chicken in oil until no longer pink. Add water and taco seasoning; simmer, uncovered, until chicken is well coated.
- Transfer to a 5-qt. slow cooker. Stir in the V8 juice, salsa, beans and corn. Cover and cook on low for 3-4 hours or until heated through. Serve with cheese, sour cream and cilantro. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Mexican Chicken Soup
Sort By :
"Very tasty and simple to make. Great with tortilla chip scoops!"
"Surprisingly flavorful given the few ingredients. Definite keeper! I left out the corn but served with corn bread on the side."
"This was awesome. Easy and super tasty. Loved it."
"GOOD CHOICE.Alton Brown is a fantastic Chef on food network. I follow him often !"
"See my reply below. But in short, no tomatoe sauce is NOT a good sub for V8 see choices below"