Mexican Chicken Soup Recipe
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 envelope reduced-sodium taco seasoning
- 1 can (32 ounces) V8 juice
- 1 jar (16 ounces) salsa
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen corn, thawed
- 6 tablespoons reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 6 tablespoons reduced-fat sour cream
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 1. In a large nonstick skillet, saute chicken in oil until no longer pink. Add water and taco seasoning; simmer, uncovered, until chicken is well coated.
- 2. Transfer to a 5-qt. slow cooker. Stir in the V8 juice, salsa, beans and corn. Cover and cook on low for 3-4 hours or until heated through. Serve with cheese, sour cream and cilantro. Yield: 6 servings.
1-1/2 cups with 1 tablespoon each cheese and sour cream and 1 teaspoon cilantro equals 345 calories, 7 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 72 mg cholesterol, 1,315 mg sodium, 34 g carbohydrate, 7 g fiber, 31 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 2 vegetable, 1-1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.