Mexican Chicken Soup Recipe
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 envelope reduced-sodium taco seasoning
- 1 can (32 ounces) V8 juice
- 1 jar (16 ounces) salsa
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen corn, thawed
- 6 tablespoons reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 6 tablespoons reduced-fat sour cream
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- In a large nonstick skillet, saute chicken in oil until no longer pink. Add water and taco seasoning; simmer, uncovered, until chicken is well coated.
- Transfer to a 5-qt. slow cooker. Stir in the V8 juice, salsa, beans and corn. Cover and cook on low for 3-4 hours or until heated through. Serve with cheese, sour cream and cilantro. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Mexican Chicken Soup(28)
Sort By :
Good but need more substance, like more veggies or something.
I saved this in my recipe box to try somtime, and we all loved it! It was perfect for a cool fall day, when a warm soup hits the spot!
This soup was so delicious and easy to make. We added tortilla chips to ours and everyone loved it.
I did not have time to precook the chicken; instead I put the cut up chicken into the slow cooker, sprinkled the taco seasoning over the chicken, and stirred it together until all the pieces were well coated. I then put in the rest of the ingredients (including one sweet onion, coarsely chopped) into the slow cooker. Turned it on low and let it cook for 8 hours. It turned out to be more of a chicken chili than a soup, which is fine with me. Very good recipe. I will definitely make this again.
a 1/2 cup of mesa meal helps to thicken it up a lil bit...
More Recipe Collections
- Bisque Soup Recipes >
- Boneless Chicken Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Chicken Breast Recipes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Chicken Slow Cooker Recipes >
- Chicken Soup >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Corn Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Diabetic Soup Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Soup Recipes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Healthy Soup Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Soup Recipes >
- Mexican Recipes >
- Mexican Soup >