Mexican Chicken Soup Recipe
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 envelope reduced-sodium taco seasoning
- 1 can (32 ounces) V8 juice
- 1 jar (16 ounces) salsa
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen corn, thawed
- 6 tablespoons reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 6 tablespoons reduced-fat sour cream
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- In a large nonstick skillet, saute chicken in oil until no longer pink. Add water and taco seasoning; simmer, uncovered, until chicken is well coated.
- Transfer to a 5-qt. slow cooker. Stir in the V8 juice, salsa, beans and corn. Cover and cook on low for 3-4 hours or until heated through. Serve with cheese, sour cream and cilantro. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Mexican Chicken Soup
Sort By :
Delicious! My husband and I love spicy food so I used Hot salsa and Hot taco seasoning. Thanks for sharing!
This is great...Everyone lo end it!!
Not really a review, but a question. Can you substitute tomato sauce for the V8 juice?
Made this last night for my family & even my picky 16-year-old daughter loved it! Even my health-conscious 28-year-old son who's temporarily staying with us loved it! I made only two changes: used 2 Tbsp. of oil for browning the chicken, & used my homemade taco seasoning rather than store-bought. We also used regular Fritos in the soup as we enjoy these chips. I'll be making this often!
kgeiger, if I were you, I'd substitute tomato juice rather than tomato sauce. Good luck!
Very good, very filling. Eye appealing too! Add tortilla chips to soup to make it almost an chicken enchilada soup