Mexican Chicken Sandwiches Recipe
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded Mexican cheese blend, divided
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 8 slices sourdough bread
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the oil and seasonings. Rub over both sides of chicken. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 6-8 minutes on each side or a meat thermometer reaches 170°.
- 2. Meanwhile, combine 1 cup cheese and mayonnaise; set aside. Grill bread on one side until lightly browned. Spread with cheese mixture; grill until cheese is melted.
- 3. Place chicken on four slices of toast; top with salsa, remaining shredded cheese and remaining toast. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 585 calories, 39g fat (12g saturated fat), 56mg cholesterol, 942mg sodium, 37g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 4g fiber), 20g protein .
Reviews for Mexican Chicken Sandwiches
"These were so easy to mak and delicious. We added grilled onions and cilantro to top the sandwich!"
"This was excellent. My husband and I loved it. We made it three times already.Thank You"