Mexican Chicken Sandwiches Recipe
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded Mexican cheese blend, divided
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 8 slices sourdough bread
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the oil and seasonings. Rub over both sides of chicken. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 6-8 minutes on each side or a meat thermometer reaches 170°.
- 2. Meanwhile, combine 1 cup cheese and mayonnaise; set aside. Grill bread on one side until lightly browned. Spread with cheese mixture; grill until cheese is melted.
- 3. Place chicken on four slices of toast; top with salsa, remaining shredded cheese and remaining toast. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 585 calories, 39g fat (12g saturated fat), 56mg cholesterol, 942mg sodium, 37g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 4g fiber), 20g protein.
Reviews for Mexican Chicken Sandwiches
"These were so easy to mak and delicious. We added grilled onions and cilantro to top the sandwich!"
"This was excellent. My husband and I loved it. We made it three times already.Thank You"