Mexican Chicken Sandwiches Recipe
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded Mexican cheese blend, divided
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 8 slices sourdough bread
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the oil and seasonings. Rub over both sides of chicken. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 6-8 minutes on each side or a meat thermometer reaches 170°.
- 2. Meanwhile, combine 1 cup cheese and mayonnaise; set aside. Grill bread on one side until lightly browned. Spread with cheese mixture; grill until cheese is melted.
- 3. Place chicken on four slices of toast; top with salsa, remaining shredded cheese and remaining toast. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 585 calories, 39 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 56 mg cholesterol, 942 mg sodium, 37 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 20 g protein.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.