These lively sandwiches have a special feel with grilled bread and savory melted cheese, but they come together in less than 30 minutes! Samantha Anhalt of Spring Lake, Michigan shares the recipe.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded Mexican cheese blend, divided
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 8 slices sourdough bread
- 1/2 cup salsa
- In a small bowl, combine the oil and seasonings. Rub over both sides of chicken. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 6-8 minutes on each side or a meat thermometer reaches 170°.
- Meanwhile, combine 1 cup cheese and mayonnaise; set aside. Grill bread on one side until lightly browned. Spread with cheese mixture; grill until cheese is melted.
- Place chicken on four slices of toast; top with salsa, remaining shredded cheese and remaining toast. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Mexican Chicken Sandwiches in Simple & Delicious July/August 2007, p61
Reviews for Mexican Chicken Sandwiches
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Aug. 27, 2014
"These were so easy to mak and delicious. We added grilled onions and cilantro to top the sandwich!"
Reviewed Jan. 17, 2010
"This was excellent. My husband and I loved it. We made it three times already.Thank You"