This salad was served at a local spring festival and was enjoyed by all. The slightly spicy seasonings add just the right amount of festive flair.
- 4 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 can (15 to 16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1/2 cup sliced ripe olives
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 2 tablespoons chopped sweet red pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped green pepper
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 5 to 6 cups shredded lettuce
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 4 cups corn chips
- In a large bowl, combine the first 11 ingredients; mix well. Cover and chill until ready to serve. Serve on a bed of lettuce; top with tomatoes and corn chips. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Mexican Chicken Salad in Home-Style Soups, Salad and Sandwiches Cookbook 1996, p45
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Mexican Chicken Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review