Mexican Chicken Roll-Ups Recipe
Refrigerated crescent rolls make these hearty appetizers easy to assemble. Keep the ingredients on hand for last-minute snacking.
- 2-1/2 teaspoons cornmeal, divided
- 2-1/4 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup sliced ripe olives
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, drained
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 tubes (8 ounces each) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1 egg white
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1. Grease a baking sheet and sprinkle with 1-1/2 teaspoons cornmeal; set aside. In a large bowl, combine the chicken, cheese, olives, sour cream, chilies and onion; set aside.
- 2. Separate crescent dough into eight rectangles; firmly press perforations to seal. Spread 1/2 cup chicken mixture over each rectangle to within 1 in. of edges. Roll up, starting from long side. Place 1 in. apart on prepared pan.
- 3. In a small bowl, beat egg white and water until foamy; brush over roll-ups. Sprinkle with remaining cornmeal. Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm with salsa. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 8 servings.
1 roll-up equals 397 calories, 23 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 60 mg cholesterol, 708 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 20 g protein.
Reviews for Mexican Chicken Roll-Ups
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC