- 2-1/2 teaspoons cornmeal, divided
- 2-1/4 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup sliced ripe olives
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, drained
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 tubes (8 ounces each) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1 egg white
- 1 tablespoon water
- Grease a baking sheet and sprinkle with 1-1/2 teaspoons cornmeal; set aside. In a large bowl, combine the chicken, cheese, olives, sour cream, chilies and onion; set aside.
- Separate crescent dough into eight rectangles; firmly press perforations to seal. Spread 1/2 cup chicken mixture over each rectangle to within 1 in. of edges. Roll up, starting from long side. Place 1 in. apart on prepared pan.
- In a small bowl, beat egg white and water until foamy; brush over roll-ups. Sprinkle with remaining cornmeal. Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm with salsa. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Mexican Chicken Roll-Ups in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2004, p37
This recipe pairs well with a sweet red wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Fizz 56 Brachetto Italy N/V, sparkling and sweet with hints of raspberry and cherry. Buy now and get 3 bottles for $49.99. Order Now
Reviews for Mexican Chicken Roll-Ups
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review