Mexican Chicken Penne
This hearty pasta meal from Marti Gutwein of Rensselaer, Indiana is packed with flavor, chicken, veggies and cheese. It's also creamy, colorful and quick!
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 package (16 ounces) penne pasta
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1-1/4 cups salsa con queso dip
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large
- bowl, combine the chicken, dip, milk and salt.
- Drain pasta; return to pan. Stir in chicken mixture and toss to coat.
- Top with black beans, tomato, onions and cheese; heat through.
- Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1-1/3 cups equals 519 calories, 11 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 57 mg cholesterol, 782 mg sodium, 76 g carbohydrate, 8 g fiber, 31 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.