Mexican Chicken Penne Recipe
- 1 package (16 ounces) penne pasta
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1-1/4 cups salsa con queso dip
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the chicken, dip, milk and salt.
- 2. Drain pasta; return to pan. Stir in chicken mixture and toss to coat. Top with black beans, tomato, onions and cheese; heat through. Yield: 6 servings.
1-1/3 cups equals 519 calories, 11 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 57 mg cholesterol, 782 mg sodium, 76 g carbohydrate, 8 g fiber, 31 g protein.
Reviews for Mexican Chicken Penne
"Easy, and yummy! Thank you for sharing this recipe."
"Delicious except for the black beans in it. Will make it again omitting the beans and it will be awesome then."
"I made this recipe as is and there was not enough sauce. A friend made it with less pasta and it was excellent. For a box of pasta I would double the sauce."
"My husband and I both enjoyed the recipe but when making it again I plan to add 1/2 to 1 cup of mild salsa to give it a little more kick."
"This was very blah... I did omit the black beans so maybe that hurt it. This reminded me of tuna casserole except with chicken. Certainly edible, but don't think I would make again.
"I made this recipe and my husband and I loved it. The spicy flavors were wonderful. It is definitely a keeper in our house!skymom747"
"My husband and I love pasta and mexican, so we were really excited to try this dish. Unfortunately I think it looks better than it tastes. We try to cook healthy. Considering the some what high calorie content and lack of flavor, I won't be making it again. Perhaps if you used Ragu Cheese Sauce mixed with enchilada sauce it might taste better and be a bit healthier."
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.