This hearty pasta meal from Marti Gutwein of Rensselaer, Indiana is packed with flavor, chicken, veggies and cheese. It's also creamy, colorful and quick!
- 1 package (16 ounces) penne pasta
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1-1/4 cups salsa con queso dip
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the chicken, dip, milk and salt.
- Drain pasta; return to pan. Stir in chicken mixture and toss to coat. Top with black beans, tomato, onions and cheese; heat through. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Mexican Chicken Penne in Simple & Delicious May/June 2008, p58
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Mexican Chicken Penne
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review