- 1 package (16 ounces) penne pasta
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1-1/4 cups salsa con queso dip
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the chicken, dip, milk and salt.
- Drain pasta; return to pan. Stir in chicken mixture and toss to coat. Top with black beans, tomato, onions and cheese; heat through. Yield: 6 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Mexican Chicken Penne
Sort By :
Delicious except for the black beans in it. Will make it again omitting the beans and it will be awesome then.
I made this recipe as is and there was not enough sauce. A friend made it with less pasta and it was excellent. For a box of pasta I would double the sauce.
My husband and I both enjoyed the recipe but when making it again I plan to add 1/2 to 1 cup of mild salsa to give it a little more kick.
I made this recipe and my husband and I loved it. The spicy flavors were wonderful. It is definitely a keeper in our house!