Mexican Chicken Meatballs Recipe
- 1/2 cup egg substitute
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1 cup crushed cornflakes
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded reduced-fat Mexican cheese blend
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 pound ground chicken
- Salsa, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Crumble chicken over mixture and mix well. Shape into 1-in. balls. Place on baking sheets coated with cooking spray.
- 2. Bake at 375° for 12-15 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 165° and juices run clear, turning occasionally. Serve with salsa if desired.
- 3. Freeze option: Freeze cooled meatballs in freezer containers. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Microwave, covered, on high in a microwave-safe dish until heated through, gently stirring and adding a little broth or water if necessary. Yield: about 5 dozen.
1 meatball (calculated without salsa) equals 21 calories, 1 g fat (trace saturated fat), 6 mg cholesterol, 49 mg sodium, 1 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein.
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.