Mexican Chicken Meatballs
These low-fat meatballs taste fabulous on their own, but if you want to take things up a notch, serve with a dip of hot Velveeta cheese and salsa. You could also substitute ground white turkey for the chicken. —Katrina Lopes, Lyman, South Carolina
60 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 15 min.
- 1/2 cup egg substitute
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1 cup crushed cornflakes
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded reduced-fat Mexican cheese blend
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 pound ground chicken
- Salsa, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Crumble chicken
- over mixture and mix well. Shape into 1-in. balls. Place on baking
- sheets coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 375° for 12-15 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads
- 165° and juices run clear, turning occasionally. Serve with
- salsa if desired. Yield: about 5 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 meatball (calculated without salsa) equals 21 calories, 1 g fat (trace saturated fat), 6 mg cholesterol, 49 mg sodium, 1 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein.
Wine: Sweet Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.