- 1/2 cup egg substitute
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1 cup crushed cornflakes
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded reduced-fat Mexican cheese blend
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 pound ground chicken
- Salsa, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Crumble chicken over mixture and mix well. Shape into 1-in. balls. Place on baking sheets coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 375° for 12-15 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 165° and juices run clear, turning occasionally. Serve with salsa if desired.
- Freeze option: Freeze cooled meatballs in freezer containers. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Microwave, covered, on high in a microwave-safe dish until heated through, gently stirring and adding a little broth or water if necessary. Yield: about 5 dozen.
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Mexican Chicken Meatballs
Sort By :
"My whole family loved these Meatballs"
"I think I'll put these in a green chili enchilada sauce."
"Absolutely delicious! I have made these meatballs with cornflakes and with gluten-free Rice Krispies. Delicious either way!"
"Very good! I made both a batch as the recipe was written and also a batch gluten free and substituted gluten free rice krispies for the corn flakes & they turned out great. Both my kids who are picky enjoyed them."
"These meatballs were really great! My whole family enjoyed them, and I didn't have any trouble getting any of the kids to eat them. They had a nice Mexican flavor but weren't spicy at all. It made a batch of about 40 meatballs on one large cookie sheet for me, and I served 4 per person. I made some Uncle Ben's Taco-Flavored Rice with it and steamed green beans. I think these will make a great appetizer for a Mexican Fiesta themed birthday party we have coming up."