These low-fat meatballs taste fabulous on their own, but if you want to take things up a notch, serve with a dip of hot Velveeta cheese and salsa. You could also substitute ground white turkey for the chicken. —Katrina Lopes, Lyman, South Carolina
- 1/2 cup egg substitute
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1 cup crushed cornflakes
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded reduced-fat Mexican cheese blend
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 pound ground chicken
- Salsa, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Crumble chicken over mixture and mix well. Shape into 1-in. balls. Place on baking sheets coated with cooking spray.
Bake at 375° for 12-15 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 165° and juices run clear, turning occasionally. Serve with salsa if desired.
Freeze option: Freeze cooled meatballs in freezer containers. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Microwave, covered, on high in a microwave-safe dish until heated through, gently stirring and adding a little broth or water if necessary. Yield: about 5 dozen.
Originally published as Mexican Chicken Meatballs in Healthy Cooking October/November 2009, p44
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Mexican Chicken Meatballs
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review