Mexican Chicken Lasagna Recipe
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 3 cans (10 ounces each) enchilada sauce
- 2 eggs
- 1 carton (15 ounces) ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 12 no-cook lasagna noodles
- 4 cups (16 ounces) shredded Mexican cheese blend
- In a large skillet, cook onion in oil over medium heat until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in chicken and enchilada sauce. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes or until slightly thickened. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the eggs, ricotta cheese and cilantro.
- Spread 3/4 cup chicken mixture into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Layer with three noodles, 2/3 cup ricotta mixture, 3/4 cup chicken mixture and 1 cup shredded cheese. Repeat layers twice. Top with remaining noodles, sauce and shredded cheese.
- Cover and bake at 375° for 30 minutes. Uncover; bake 10-15 minutes longer or until bubbly. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Mexican Chicken Lasagna
Sort By :
"I changed a couple of things:1. I used green chili enchilada sauce in place of the regular2. I used cottage cheese in place of the ricotta3. I used 2 cups Mexican cheese and 2 cups Monterey Jack cheese4. I put the lasagna together in the morning and popped it into the oven when I got home from workWe LOVED it. Very tasty. The only change I would consider would be using 2 cans of sauce instead of 3."
"This is really good! I did, however, add more chicken and left out the eggs, ricotta cheese, and cilantro. I also used mozzerella cheese instead of the mexican cheese blend."
"Poor blend of flavors. The only flavors that we experienced were the cilantro and enchilada sauce. We couldn?t taste the cheeses, chicken or even the onion."
"This was so good! Don't skip the fresh cilantro... it really boosts the flavor! We used southwest seasoned, cooked chicken and topped our servings with a big dollop of sour cream."
"Everyone really lilked this dish. I did not find it saucy but did bake an extra 10 minutes covered. I used shredded chicken and will use parsley in place of the cilantro next time."