Mexican Chicken Lasagna Recipe
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 3 cans (10 ounces each) enchilada sauce
- 2 eggs
- 1 carton (15 ounces) ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 12 no-cook lasagna noodles
- 4 cups (16 ounces) shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 1. In a large skillet, cook onion in oil over medium heat until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in chicken and enchilada sauce. Bring to a boil.
- 2. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes or until slightly thickened. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the eggs, ricotta cheese and cilantro.
- 3. Spread 3/4 cup chicken mixture into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Layer with three noodles, 2/3 cup ricotta mixture, 3/4 cup chicken mixture and 1 cup shredded cheese. Repeat layers twice. Top with remaining noodles, sauce and shredded cheese.
- 4. Cover and bake at 375° for 30 minutes. Uncover; bake 10-15 minutes longer or until bubbly. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting. Yield: 10-12 servings.
1 piece equals 396 calories, 22 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 124 mg cholesterol, 757 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 30 g protein.
Reviews for Mexican Chicken Lasagna
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.