Mexican Chicken Fajitas Recipe
When we're in the mood for Mexican food, I'll reach for this recipe. Much of the meal can be prepared in advance, so I can avoid the last-minute rush at dinnertime.
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into thin strips
- 8 flour tortillas (10 inches), warmed
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar or Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 large tomato, diced
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- Taco sauce
- In a glass bowl or resealable plastic bag, mix first eight ingredients. Add chicken; toss to coat. Cover or close bag and refrigerate for 4 hours. Drain, discarding marinade.
- Saute chicken in a large skillet over medium heat for 6-7 minutes or until juices run clear. Spoon about 1/2 cup chicken down the center of each tortilla.
- Top with lettuce, cheese, tomato, sour cream and taco sauce. Fold in sides of tortilla and serve immediately. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Stir-Fried Chicken Fajitas in Country Chicken Cookbook 1995, p52
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Mexican Chicken Fajitas(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Boneless Chicken Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Chicken Breast Recipes >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Dinners >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Fajitas >
- Mexican Chicken Recipes >
- Mexican Dinners >