Mexican Chicken Chili Recipe
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 cups frozen corn
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- In a small skillet, brown chicken in oil. Transfer to a 5-qt. slow cooker. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours or until chicken is no longer pink. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Mexican Chicken Chili
Sort By :
I actually made this in a dutch oven instead of the crockpot and it was delicious. I thought the heat was perfect, but my boyfriend says I could have kicked it up a notch. Next time I will add some pinto beans to give it more substance. Really good recipe with some cheese and sour cream on top!
I love this recipe. It is so delicious and filling. Like other quotes, you can tweek to how you like. I use Rotel diced tomatoes..one with lime and the other original mild. It adds flavor without the cayenne. Also I like to add 1 medium chopped zucchini during the last hour so they dont get mushy but add a little crunch. I always get rave reviews for the original recipe and whatever way it is tweeked. You will love this recipe. Thanks for posting it.
my husband loved it and I forgot to put in the chick broth and used extra tbs of chilli
Good recipe! Next time I will tweek the amount of chili powder and salt.
I have made this several times for people from all over the country. I always hear how good it is.