Mexican Chicken Casserole Recipe
Recipe provided by Philadelphia® Cream Cheese
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 25 min. Total: 45 min. YIELD:4 servings
- 3/4 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite size pieces
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1-1/2 cups Taco Bell® Home Originals® Thick 'N Chunky Salsa
- 2 ounces (1/4 of 8-oz. pkg.) PHILADELPHIA® Neufchatel Cheese, cubed
- 1 can (15 ounces) no-salt-added black beans, rinsed
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 2 whole wheat tortillas (6 inches)
- 1/2 cup KRAFT® Mexican Style 2% Milk Finely Shredded Four Cheese, divided
- 1. HEAT oven to 375°F.
- 2. COOK and stir chicken and cumin in nonstick skillet sprayed with cooking spray on medium heat 2 min. Add peppers; cook 2 min., stirring occasionally. Stir in salsa; cook 2 min. Add Neufchatel; cook 2 min. or until melted. Stir in beans and tomatoes.
- 3. SPREAD 1/3 of the chicken mixture onto bottom of 8-inch square baking dish; cover with 1 tortilla and half each of the remaining chicken mixture and shredded cheese. Top with remaining tortilla and chicken mixture; cover.
- 4. BAKE 20 min. or until heated through. Sprinkle with remaining shredded cheese; bake, uncovered, 5 min. or until melted. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving equals 350 calories, 9 g fat (4.5 g saturated fat), 65 mg cholesterol, 940 mg sodium, 34 g carbohydrate, 9 g fiber, 32 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC