Mexican Chicken and Rice Recipe
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 can (8-3/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup salsa
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon chili powder, optional
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked instant rice
- 1/2 to 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1. In a large skillet, saute the chicken green pepper and onion in oil until chicken is no longer pink and vegetables are crisp-tender. Add the corn, broth, salsa, salt, chili powder if desired and pepper; bring to a boil.
- 2. Stir in the rice; cover and remove from the heat. Let stand for 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork. Sprinkle with cheese. Cover and let stand for 2 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 381 calories, 11 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 94 mg cholesterol, 782 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 36 g protein.
Reviews for Mexican Chicken and Rice
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.