- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 can (8-3/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup salsa
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon chili powder, optional
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked instant rice
- 1/2 to 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet, saute the chicken green pepper and onion in oil until chicken is no longer pink and vegetables are crisp-tender. Add the corn, broth, salsa, salt, chili powder if desired and pepper; bring to a boil.
- Stir in the rice; cover and remove from the heat. Let stand for 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork. Sprinkle with cheese. Cover and let stand for 2 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forMexican Chicken and Rice
"After eating this, I scheduled an urgent and elaborate surgery that will prevent me from having a bowel movement for the next 3 months. I am jealous of the toilet that will eventually swallow the remains of this incredible meal."
"Very boring. It's good enough to cook and eat if you're tired or lazy, but nothing really impressive at all."
"We found this dish to be okay, but nothing spectacular! Sorry. Won't make again."
"so great and very forgiving! i didn't have the onion corn or cheese and it was still great. my guys are very picky. its gone!"
"Fast and easy and delicious!"
"Picky family, especially one dish dinners. They loved it!!!"