- 1 package (16 ounces) gemelli or spiral pasta
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 jars (15 ounces each) Alfredo sauce
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup medium salsa
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 2 teaspoons taco seasoning
- Preheat oven to 350°. Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet over medium heat, cook chicken, onion, salt and pepper in oil until chicken is no longer pink. Stir in Alfredo sauce; bring to a boil. Stir in cheese, salsa, milk and taco seasoning.
Drain pasta; toss with chicken mixture. Divide between two greased 8-in. square baking dishes. Cover and bake 30-35 minutes or until bubbly.
Freeze option: Cover and freeze unbaked casserole up to 3 months. To use, thaw in refrigerator overnight. Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Preheat oven to 350°. Bake casserole, covered, 50-60 minutes or until bubbly. Yield: 2 casseroles (4 servings each).
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Mexican Chicken Alfredo
"The kids loved it. I used the entire packet of taco seasoning and ground turkey because that was what I had on hand. I will definitely make this again."
"Per other reviews, I didn't use as much onion and added a full packet of taco seasoning, but this was really good! It had lots of flavor and just the right amount of spice."
"It's a fine recipe. My family just didn't love it."
"Love it Kids said its a "Do Again!""
"Great recipe! I was out of salsa so I used green enchilada sauce instead and I used a whole packet of taco seasoning. Whole family loved it!!"
"We really liked this dish! I have a friend who thinks everything is hot including salsa so we put sour cream on top and she even thought it was delicious! I was out of milk so I used buttermilk."
"This recipe is a new favorite in our house. I agree with other reviewers and will increase the amount of taco seasoning next time but it was still delicious."
"I made this dish for my family and everyone loved it! Now, it is a favorite of my sisters and she makes it for her friends and family. I made it exactly as stated. Makes yummy leftovers for lunch the next day!"