One family member likes Italian; another likes Mexican. They’ll never compromise when this is on the menu. —Tia Woodley, Stockbridge, Georgia
- 1 package (16 ounces) gemelli or spiral pasta
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 jars (15 ounces each) Alfredo sauce
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup medium salsa
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 2 teaspoons taco seasoning
- Preheat oven to 350°. Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet over medium heat, cook chicken, onion, salt and pepper in oil until chicken is no longer pink. Stir in Alfredo sauce; bring to a boil. Stir in cheese, salsa, milk and taco seasoning.
Drain pasta; toss with chicken mixture. Divide between two greased 8-in.-square baking dishes. Cover and bake 30-35 minutes or until bubbly.
Freeze option: Cover and freeze unbaked casserole up to 3 months. To use, thaw in refrigerator overnight. Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Preheat oven to 350°. Bake casserole, covered, 50-60 minutes or until bubbly. Yield: 2 casseroles (4 servings each).
Originally published as Mexican Chicken Alfredo in Simple & Delicious August/September 2011, p22
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Mexican Chicken Alfredo
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review