- 1 package (16 ounces) gemelli or spiral pasta
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 jars (15 ounces each) Alfredo sauce
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup medium salsa
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 2 teaspoons taco seasoning
- Preheat oven to 350°. Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet over medium heat, cook chicken, onion, salt and pepper in oil until chicken is no longer pink. Stir in Alfredo sauce; bring to a boil. Stir in cheese, salsa, milk and taco seasoning.
- Drain pasta; toss with chicken mixture. Divide between two greased 8-in.-square baking dishes. Cover and bake 30-35 minutes or until bubbly. Yield: 2 casseroles (4 servings each).
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Mexican Chicken Alfredo
Sort By :
I made this dish for my family and everyone loved it! Now, it is a favorite of my sisters and she makes it for her friends and family. I made it exactly as stated. Makes yummy leftovers for lunch the next day!
Oh so good! I made 1/2 a recipe and changed 2 things...I used leftover chicken (worked very nice) and a 1/2 package of taco seasoning. I will make this again.
I really wanted to like this. Love pasta, love Mexican & love alfredo. Only changes made were, based on other reviews, added whole pkg. of taco seasoning & a 7 oz. can of green chilies. Sorry, but just tasted like a glorified mac & cheese.
I would give it 4-1/2 if I could. This was a very tasty dish. My family enjoyed it. It's VERY filling, and it made great leftovers for the next day's lunch.
Love this dish! Make it all the time and love that I can make one and put one in the freezer for later. I boil my chicken ahead of time and debone and then make the rest of recipe.