People will rave over this super-easy cheesecake appetizer. I've made this recipe several times at parties, and people were so surprised it was low fat. Make it a day ahead for convenience, adding salsa just before serving. —Sandy Burkett, Galena, Ohio
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1-1/4 cups reduced-fat sour cream, divided
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1 cup chunky salsa, drained
- Tortilla chips or fresh vegetables
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese, 1/2 cup sour cream and taco seasoning until smooth. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Stir in cheddar cheese and chilies.
- Transfer to a greased 9-in. springform pan. Place on a baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until center is almost set. Spread remaining sour cream evenly over top. Bake 5-8 minutes longer or until topping is set.
- Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight.
- Just before serving, spread salsa over cheesecake. Serve with tortilla chips or vegetables. Yield: 24 servings.
Originally published as Mexican Cheesecake in Light & Tasty December/January 2007, p29
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Mexican Cheesecake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review