- 2 packages (8 ounces each) reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1-1/4 cups reduced-fat sour cream, divided
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1 cup chunky salsa, drained
- Tortilla chips or fresh vegetables
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese, 1/2 cup sour cream and taco seasoning until smooth. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Stir in cheddar cheese and chilies.
- Transfer to a greased 9-in. springform pan. Place on a baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until center is almost set. Spread remaining sour cream evenly over top. Bake 5-8 minutes longer or until topping is set.
- Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight.
- Just before serving, spread salsa over cheesecake. Serve with tortilla chips or vegetables. Yield: 24 servings.
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Mexican Cheesecake
"I've made plenty of cheesecakes and this is the first savory one that I have come across. Where ever I take it, it gets rave reviews. Thank you to whom ever shared it. It's a winner in my book!!"
"So unusual and delicious. Addictive too."
"Excellent. I made half of the recipe and baked in a pie plate. Turned out wonderfully. Receives rave reviews."
"A super easy recipe ...my family thought "cheesecake" was just for dessert until now!!!"
"I haven't made this yet but want to. Is it possible to use no fat cream cheese and no fat sour cream?"