- 2 packages (8 ounces each) reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1-1/4 cups reduced-fat sour cream, divided
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1 cup chunky salsa, drained
- Tortilla chips or fresh vegetables
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese, 1/2 cup sour cream and taco seasoning until smooth. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Stir in cheddar cheese and chilies.
- Transfer to a greased 9-in. springform pan. Place on a baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until center is almost set. Spread remaining sour cream evenly over top. Bake 5-8 minutes longer or until topping is set.
- Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight.
- Just before serving, spread salsa over cheesecake. Serve with tortilla chips or vegetables. Yield: 24 servings.
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Mexican Cheesecake
"This was pretty terrible and I am surprised it has so many glowing reviews. I followed the recipe exactly. This came out dry and crumbly and the flavor wasn't great. I would not make again."
"I've made plenty of cheesecakes and this is the first savory one that I have come across. Where ever I take it, it gets rave reviews. Thank you to whom ever shared it. It's a winner in my book!!"
"So unusual and delicious. Addictive too."
"Excellent. I made half of the recipe and baked in a pie plate. Turned out wonderfully. Receives rave reviews."
"A super easy recipe ...my family thought "cheesecake" was just for dessert until now!!!"