This moist Mexican Cheese Corn Bread makes the perfect side for chili and soups. It's great for soaking up every last bit of goodness in your bowl. Susan Westerfield, Albuquerque, New Mexico
Recommended: 66 Recipes for Super Bowl Snacks
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 package (8-1/2 ounces) corn bread/muffin mix
- 1 teaspoon dried minced onion
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 cup 2% milk
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted, divided
- 3/4 cup shredded Mexican cheese blend, divided
- In a small bowl, combine the muffin mix, onion and cumin. In another bowl, whisk the eggs, milk and 1 tablespoon butter; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in 1/2 cup cheese.
- Transfer to a greased 8-in. square baking dish. Bake at 400° for 15 minutes. Brush with remaining butter and sprinkle with remaining cheese; bake 2-4 minutes longer or until cheese is melted and a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Serve warm. Yield: 9 servings.
Originally published as Mexican Cheese Corn Bread in Simple & Delicious January/February 2010, p22
Reviews forMexican Cheese Corn Bread
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review