Mexican Cheese Corn Bread Recipe
This moist Mexican Cheese Corn Bread makes the perfect side for chili and soups. It's great for soaking up every last bit of goodness in your bowl. Susan Westerfield, Albuquerque, New Mexico
- 1 package (8-1/2 ounces) corn bread/muffin mix
- 1 teaspoon dried minced onion
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 cup 2% milk
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted, divided
- 3/4 cup shredded Mexican cheese blend, divided
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the muffin mix, onion and cumin. In another bowl, whisk the eggs, milk and 1 tablespoon butter; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in 1/2 cup cheese.
- 2. Transfer to a greased 8-in. square baking dish. Bake at 400° for 15 minutes. Brush with remaining butter and sprinkle with remaining cheese; bake 2-4 minutes longer or until cheese is melted and a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Serve warm. Yield: 9 servings.
1 piece equals 188 calories, 10 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 69 mg cholesterol, 327 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 6 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC