- 1 package (8-1/2 ounces) corn bread/muffin mix
- 1 teaspoon dried minced onion
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup 2% milk
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted, divided
- 3/4 cup shredded Mexican cheese blend, divided
- In a small bowl, combine the muffin mix, onion and cumin. In another bowl, whisk the eggs, milk and 1 tablespoon butter; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in 1/2 cup cheese.
- Transfer to a greased 8-in. square baking dish. Bake at 400° for 15 minutes. Brush with remaining butter and sprinkle with remaining cheese; bake 2-4 minutes longer or until cheese is melted and a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Serve warm. Yield: 9 servings.
Originally published as Mexican Cheese Corn Bread in Simple & Delicious January/February 2010, p22
Reviews for Mexican Cheese Corn Bread
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jan. 9, 2013
A great take on a basic cornbread recipe. We had it with some chicken chili and it was delicious.
Reviewed Jan. 19, 2010
Great recipe to go with the Three-Bean Taco Chili...