Mexican Cheese and Salsa Chicken
The flavors in this dish will hide the fact that it is so easy to make. All of your guests will enjoy this one!—Jan Cooper, Troy, Alabama
2 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (5 ounces each)
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup salsa
- 2 tablespoons taco sauce
- 1/3 cup shredded reduced-fat Mexican cheese blend
- Place chicken in a shallow 2-qt. baking dish coated with cooking
- spray. Sprinkle with salt. Combine salsa and taco sauce; drizzle
- over chicken. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until chicken juices
- run clear. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 chicken breast half equals 226 calories, 7 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 92 mg cholesterol, 601 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 34 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 5 lean meat.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.